When you choose Bosch washers and dryers you expect to have a laundry team you can count on for years to come. With the washing powders and fabric softeners you use whenever you do laundry, buildup forms in your machines over time and should be cleaned out. Maintaining your Bosch washers and dryers will make sure your machines have a long life and continue to clean your laundry just as you like it!
Tips for Cleaning Bosch Washers & Dryers
If soap and fabric softener residues aren't cleaned out of your machines, they can leave unsightly black marks on your clothes, develop a bad odour and your washer or dryer can stop cleaning as effectively as they did when brand new. To ensure your washer and dryer continue to function as well as they did the first day you got them, a little maintenance is required. Here are a few things you can do to make sure your Bosch washer or dryer has a long life:
- Every three months you should use Bosch's specially-formulated machine cleaner to clean out any residue left behind by soap and fabric softener. The cleaner will help keep your washing machine in great condition and ensure it is hygienic.
- Limescale builds up on all things that use water, which is why you might have had to descale your coffee machine from time to time. The same can be said for your washing machine. Bosch makes an approved limescale remover that should be used every three to six months, depending how hard your water is and how often you use your machine.
- In both washers and dryers, wipe down all surfaces with a damp cloth. Be sure to get inside the rubber seals to remove any buildup there.
- Vacuum out the dryer vent area every 30 days or so to ensure maximum airflow in your dryer.
- Remove and wash out your detergent drawer frequently so it stays nice and clean so it doesn't deposit dirt onto your clothing.
- If using tablets or gel packs, be sure your water temperature is over 30°C or they won't dissolve properly and may leave residue on your clothing.
Bosch washers and dryers are designed for efficiency, great cleaning and durability. With a little extra care, you can maximize the lifespan of your laundry team and have clean, fresh-smelling clothing for years to come. Contact us today at Avenue Appliance to pick out your new Bosch laundry team!